We have a couple of GREAT ways for you to CHALLENGE YOURSELF!
What is the 1200 Mile Club?
Columbus Roadrunners encourages a healthy and active lifestyle for all it members and running is a great way to stay engaged with both!
What do I have to do?
You must be a member of the Columbus Roadrunners. Not a member? Click here for information on how to become a member.
You must keep a monthly log of your RUNNING mileage. The majority of your miles must be running miles.
At the end of each month, you will send your monthly mileage to our 1200 Mile Club coordinator Gordie Borkhat at GBatTCHC@aol.com. He will confirm your running total for the year.
At the end of the year each CRR member who has achieved the 1200 mile mark will have his/her name placed in a drawing for a FREE pair of shoes!
- RUN 365 days per year of a minimum of 1 mile per day 1/1/2022 – 12/31/2022
- RUN each of our monthly half’s
- RUN a 5K per month with a minimum of 6 CRR races during the year.
dates of CRR races 1/15/22, 2/12/22, 3/18/22, 5/7/22 (actually 4.125), 7/2/22 (actually 5 miles), 8/20/22, 9/5/21 (actually 6.2),10/22/22, 10/30/22, 11/19/22, 12/17/22. Sign up for Fall Five Series and you will have 5. For all races you have to have documentation: Strava, Garmin, or in the Lightningsportsracing.com database for the race.
- RUN 50 miles in CRR races for 2022. Jan – March: Winter Series races; Run for the Roses; Heatwave; Sign up for Distance Series (Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov races) or Fall Five Series (August – December races)
The challenge is a RUNNING challenge not walking.
Everyone that is a member of CRR and completes one or more of the challenges will receive a cool goodie. Each participant will need to track their progress and be able to show visual data. Send your data by the 10th of the month to Jimmy James @ email@example.com
Every year, people make New Year’s Resolutions. Get fit. Be more active. Eat better. But how many of us actually keep those goals? This year, CRR has decided to make life easier for you by taking the guess work out of where to start and getting you on track. Each month, we will provide you with a new way to challenge yourself.
Part of the discouraging factor in most resolutions is that people try to plan an entire year of how to resolve an issue and just get flustered before they even get to start. With the CRR Challenge Yourself plan, you’re not looking ahead at what you’re going to be doing or where you should be at come May or October, you’re just focusing on what’s important now. We’ll prepare challenges and post them for you monthly. The best part: you take it one day at a time.
So check the website and facebook page regularly for the schedules as a new challenge will be presented each month!
- January: PUSH Yourself!
- February: Lose those LOVE Handles
- March: Oh My Quad!
- April: Lunga-A-Palooza!
- May: MAD MUSCLE MAY!
- June: Tone Your Body!
- July: Drop it like a Squat!
- August: “Suns Out, Guns Out” Arm Challenge
- September: 30 Day Posture Challenge!
- October: Full Body Fitness Challenge!
- November: Happy Planksgiving!
- December: A Very Merry Columbus Roadrunner’s Workout